Hi, my creative friends! 🙂 I am Oksancia, an owner of Oksancia Textile Design Studio and a freelance textile designer.
In this video, I announce a giveaway winner and show you how I draw vector tropical leaves and flowers directly in Adobe Illustrator CC with no sketch and how I create vector repeat patterns with them. And I do it all LIVE while hanging out with you 🙂
If you are interested in learning how to create vector repeat patterns with tropical prints and how to draw vector tropical leaves and flowers directly in Adobe Illustrator CC with no sketch, then this video is for you.
★ Tech TOOLS that I use:
1) Adobe Illustrator CC 2015
3) Wacom Intuos 4 Pen Tablet – current version is Wacom Intuos Pro Pen and Touch Small Tablet.
*Disclaimer: If you purchase recommended by me products through my affiliate links I get a small compensation. This me create more videos for you guys! Thank you so much for your support! 🙂
★ How I design this pattern:
1) Sketches. I research tropical plant shapes and types on Pinterest and Google. Then I draw very rough sketches of tropical pattern elements, flowers, and leaves, directly in Adobe Illustrator CC. I do not use reference photos for the creation of this vector repeat pattern.
2) Lineart of vector elements. Based on my rough sketches, I draw final aline art drawings of tropical pattern elements, flowers, and leaves, directly in Adobe Illustrator CC using Brush and Blob Brush tools. I clean up lines using the Smooth Tool.
3) Coloring the elements. I colored my vector elements by creating a color palet and applying it to my elements.
4) Creating a repeat pattern composition. I created a seamless composition for this repeat pattern using me Pattern Design Symbol Method (you can whatch how it works here)
Hope this video was helpful for you to get you started creating vector tropical plants, leaves, and flowers and repeat seamless patterns with them. Thanks for watching!