Hope you are all having a great, creative day! I’ve been filming videos about textile design and running a creative business for my Oksancia YouTube channel. Here is a live stream video where I talk about how to be more productive and creative by creating an effective ritual for your work day.
This is the first video in my live series What Helps Me Grow, Love, and Create. I will share my experience and tips that helped or are helping me in my creative business. I’m super excited about it! :)
In this live video I am talking about how to be more productive and creative by creating an effective ritual for your work day. This is solely based on my experience and on the information that I found on 2 sources:
* I am not sponsored by any of the companies I’m going to talk about at this moment. This is just my own experience and what helps me.
For many years of running my creative textile design business I had a challenge to organize the start and progress of my work day.
“I’m going to do amazing work today that makes a difference and I’m so excited about it.”
Here is what works for me now: I set up a habit of starting my work day with a specific ritual:
1) Take a sip of my water bottle that I love. Here is the one I have: MIRA Vacuum Insulated Travel Water Bottle.
2) Smell my essential oil candle. Here is the one I have: Aroma Naturals Orange Clove and Cinnamon Essential Oil White Scented Pillar Candle, Peace Pearl.
*Buy clicking on these links and in case you purchase the products, I might get a small compensation. This helps support my channel! Thank you very much! :)
3) Tell myself: “I’m going to do amazing work today that makes a difference and I’m so excited about it.”
4) I write down on my to do list 3 most important task for the day to focus on and start working.
Every time I get distracted, I write down what distracted me in my Interruptions log and immediately go back to work.
I take short breaks regularly and a longer break for lunch.
After a lunch break I repeat my focused work ritual steps, except writing down my tasks as I know them already.
To sum up:
This is my ritual to start and continue an amazing, creative, and focused day.
If you have any questions or experience with this topic, please share it with all of us in the comments below.
Do you have a workday ritual? What one thing can you start doing today to set up your workday ritual?
Please subscribe to my channel for more tips on textile design and running a creative business and Like this video if you found it helpful. That really helps me a lot! :)